Modifying my hydraulic press. Having started work on a collapsible fire pit (artist impression above) to replace the MK1 version I made some time ago, the intention being to store the collapsible version in the front bash plate (work on which continues).
However, to complete the MK2 fire pit requires me to bend 3mm sheet steel.
Continue reading “One job leads to another”
Another job of the to-do list.
When I fitted larger wheels on the van, I knew in addition to extending the wheel arches I would also need to increase the clearance between the sliding door and the rear wheel. This has now been done thanks mostly to Doug @ Dougs VW Werks as although I was happy to extend the runner I am still a bit reluctant to start cutting the van.
The original side door setup.
Clearance very pore (slight rub when tyre flexes) and definitely no room for chains.
Continue reading “Sliding door wheel clearance.”
All the parts are now back with Doug and the task of rebuilding the Beast has begun.
Continue reading “Update on the beast”
More work whilst the van is at Doug’s , as the van is out of action for some time and most of the parts underneath have been removed ,it seemed a good opportunity to get all the removable part galvanised.
The parts before being galvanised.
Continue reading “Galvanising the removable parts”
While the gearbox is out and the van is at Doug’s I have made a couple of winching points to be welded on the front.
Continue reading “Another job whilst the van is on the ramp.”
Whilst the van is with Doug to get the gearbox removed (see link), the opportunity to get the removable parts under the van galvanised has arisen. However, this will mean the van is immobile and stuck on the ramp for some time, so to avoid this problem I have constructing a trolly for the van.
Continue reading “The Van Dolly.”
Really sorry to have not got there (again), did get halfway this time.
Continue reading “Syncropendance 2019.”